The DNA’s Committees
The DNA’s board of directors is supported by a number of DNA Committees, which are made up of DNA members with special expertise in various aspects of the domain industry. DNA Committee membership is open to all current members of the DNA, and is a key benefit of membership.
Make a Difference – Join a DNA Committee
Please consider joining one or more of the DNA Committees and contribute your subject matter or functional expertise in an advisory capacity to the board of directors. Each DNA Committee has a charter that provides an understanding of the expectations of committee members, as well as the objectives of the committee.
Members can participate in mailing lists, share information, ask questions, and highlight success stories on mailing lists and forums, and reap the benefits of others who are working in alignment with elevating the industry, its perception, and the security, stability, resilience, and elegance of the systems and market.
DNA Marketing Committee Charter
The Marketing Committee will promote the activities of the Domain Name Association and support the board by creating marketing and communications activities that align with the association’s mission, especially as it relates to promoting domain name uptake and usage. The committee will be comprised of board members and marketing professionals who must be employed by a DNA member and will directed by the DNA Executive Director on behalf of the board of directors. All projects of the Marketing Committee will be approved by the DNA Board of Directors.
DNA Technical Committee Charter
The Technical Committee will support the Domain Name Association board to identify and manage an important set of activities aligned with our mission that benefit the DNA membership as it pursues domain name uptake and usage. The committee will be comprised of industry experts, who must be employed by a DNA member, and will be directed by the DNA Executive Director on behalf of the board of directors. All projects of the Technical Committee will be approved by the DNA Board of Directors.
DNA Policy Committee Charter
The Policy Committee will promote the activities of the Domain Name Association and support the board by monitoring and recommending actions on policy initiatives – most likely by governmental bodies or ICANN – that affect the association’s mission, especially as they relate to the ability of members to promote domain name uptake and usage. The committee will be comprised of board members and individuals from member companies and will be directed by the DNA Executive Director on behalf of the board of directors. All initiatives and policy positions proposed by the Policy Committee will be approved by the DNA Board of Directors.
DNA Registry-Registrar Operations Working Group
- Registry-registrar operational issues are being solved on a one-off basis as each new registry operator paired off with its set of registrars,
- Resolving these issues in an industry-wide collaborative manner is preferable in order to create operational consistency and save time, and
- Given its multi-functional and global diversity, the DNA will be an effective place to facilitate discussion among the broader domain name industry.
- Issues adopted for discussion must:
- Be of interest across the domain name industry segments
- Be configured in a way to result benefit without corresponding detriment to others
- Have a foreseeable solution
- Be agreed upon by some consensus of the group
Keys to success:
- Open membership that protects IP interests of its members
- Able to act quickly
- Develop attractive solutions (common practices) that will be widely adopted
- Work product effectively informs the creation of policy and technical protocols